Sunday 12 May 2013

PENCIL CASE DIY.

So I've been quite a bit busy this week sewing pencil cases for friends and all and I thought I might share some pictures with you guys.

I didn't take too many photos because I was feeling extremely lazy but I made two sizes and I have to say that it's pretty fun. I actually have to go cut some more fabric and all so I'm on a bit of a schedule. I hate schedules.

I used this extremely helpful tutorial by Dining Room Drawers but I've adapted it to make it quicker and I'll use a bit of French Hemming soon.

Here are some lovely pictures for you guys! I was thinking about selling some on Etsy or at The Rocks Markets but honestly I'm not trying to make too much money. Rather, I like sewing pencil cases but can't see the point in keeping heaps around the house and I need to keep buying more zips and stuff so yes.

It took me longer than I thought because the sewing machine had a little bit of a temper tantrum. At least we sort of managed to fix it...whoops.

Sewing, sewing, sewing....



I love this newspaper fabric so much. Seriously.


And yes, that is David Bowie music in the background.

So there you have my pencil cases! If you know me in person (lucky you!) then you can just ask me for one or something or other. Cool.

1 comment: