Saturday 27 July 2013

MICK.

Happy birthday to Mick Jagger. If I can still be worshipped by women around the world when I'm 70, I'll be happy.


But Davick Jagwie is always going to be a thing. Always.

I also wanted to express how horribly sad I was to finally get the email notifying me of Jake Bugg's secret Sydney show TO FIND OUT I HAD MISSED IT AND CHECKED MY EMAIL TOO LATE.


Turns out he was playing at The Rocks Square at 1 p.m. Yesterday. Excuse me while I go and kiss the floor he stood on.

In the meantime I've found some lovely songs that I had to share with you all.

In particular here is one by Ever Isles.

Ever Isles is the project of Kaitlyn Aureilia Smith, with gentle 'dream folk' that's set to capture listeners. The song 'In A Cave' is the third track on the album 'Cocoon'. 'In A Cave' won the 2011 Blue Microphones Songwriting Competition (and for good reason too!)


The vocal arrangement with the delicate guitar is exquisite, resulting in the most beautiful dreamy feel.

The voices are layered with such an effect that it's like she's singing underwater. Or in a cave.

The poignant mood and otherworldly tone of the song have such a likeable, quirky ambiance.

Have a listen to it here.


Buy the album from Bandcamp here.

Also, just wanted to let you know that the blog has an Instagram account now! All you hipsters (that's all you readers) follow @theoptionale. Pwetty pweese?

No comments:

Post a Comment